Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if cortizone shots affect our beneficial bacteria (intestinal flora)? My father is in a bad way with arthritis and keeps getting these shots but his overall health seems to be getting worse and worse. I just wondered if anyone knows if this could be the problem.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
When I was a child I had cortizone shots to stimulate hair growth to the back of my head. I had lost my hair months after having my mmr. I was a JR in hiogh school when I started having head aches and would bend my head forward and rub my neck well I noticed a big lump it was a tumor. I was sent home immediatly and taken for evaluation where they concluded it was from the cortizone I had as a child. It was the size of a baseball pushing on my vertibrea causing me pain.

My Bil takes cortizone and other steriods for asthma as such and he is 40 and says he feels 100 the cortizone and steriods have ruined him he says.

I dont think in any way they are beneifical for you thats for sure

Best of luck to your Dad and you

AMy

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't know what it does directly to the flora but steroids are on the checklist for candida. I once had an allergic reaction to antibiotics. Almost immediatly after getting a steroid shot, i had yeast EVERYWHERE. I know the abx did their dirty deed but the shot sent me over the edge!

BTW, candida over growth can actually CAUSE joint pain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts