Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Gazette-Times:

Quote:
A new series on women's health issues is taking place beginning Tuesday in Corvallis. The event is coordinated by student midwife and women's health activist Nechama Wildanah.

The first event in the series is "Honoring Our Mothers n An evening of stories celebrating women and birth-giving." Wildanah said participants are encouraged to share their own birth stories and listen to the stories of others.

"I am especially hoping that older ladies will come to tell their stories," she said, "and that high school and college-aged women who haven't received much education about birth will attend."

By sharing personal stories, future mothers have a chance to learn from current mothers.

"I feel that birth stories are important, and that women don't always have the opportunity to tell these uniquely female stories," she said. "I believe in storytelling's ability to empower us."

Wildanah said she also wants to make reliable information about birth available to women in the community.

"I also want to raise consciousness about birth as a political issue and a women's rights issue," she said, "while celebrating all that women are capable of."

The event will take place 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, at Westminster House, 101 N.W. 23rd St. Corvallis. Badda Bean is donating tea, and children are welcome to attend with their mothers.

The series will take place the last Tuesday of each month. For more information, call 541-991-1038.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.