Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have three across in a Jeep Patriot. We currently have our youngest in a Alpha Omega. He just turned forward facing. They fit, but man it's tight. I bought a Scenera because it was on sale. It looks really similar to the alpha Omega. I HATE the Alpha Omega because the straps SUCK. Always twisted. A PITA to get untwisted. We have it installed w/o the base.

Are the Scenera straps any better? If they aren't I will just keep the AO it's still got a couple of years before it expires. My older kids are in Fisher Price Safe Voyage boosters. He's installed in the middle position if that matters.

I WANT a Sunshine Kids Radian for our youngest (he's 2) but it's out of the budget right now. So is a bigger car.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have the scenera, and ye the straps are a PITB. ALWAYS twisting. ON a daily basis. In between trips how they get twisted so often I can not figure it out. Thought about putting starch on them but figured it was a "no-no"

All in all though I like it. I am rear facing my daughter in it. She will be 3 next month. She has plenty of leg room. The covers are cute enough. It is taller then the Safety 1st in harness height 1-3 (not booster mode) She still has about 3 or 4 inches ABOVE her head.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I have heard a few people say that the straps on the scenera twist quite a bit but i have to be honest, I have NEVER had them twist and we've had our scenera for 5-6months now I think. I love the scenera. It's the only way to get 3 kids across my backseat and it's affordable and keeps my 15 month old rear-facing and it's pretty darn cute iwth the pink and all the flowers.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think it depends on the buckle. We have two Sceneras, one is DS's, one is my nephew's. DS's has the square buckle. I've noticed that it kinda pulls the straps at the wrong angle so they twist up really easily. DN's has the round-ish buckle and we've never had a problem with twisty straps on that one. I'm pretty sure that all the newer ones have the round buckle.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am not ure about this but I think the shells are a tad higher now also. I gave our old sencenra to a child that car seat had no chest clip and was 3 year expired. Anyway the eat had maybe an inch left of grow room. This new one has 3 crotch "steps" and loads more room on top of her head.

I have the roundish buckle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.