Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if the title makes sense....
soon i'll be co sleeping with a 2yr old and a nb. it seems to me that ds (the 2yr old) will woke by nb just as often as I am. currently I can usually get out of bed without him noticing but when he does notice he gets very upset and gets up too (like if i go to the bathroom he comes crying to the bathroom and goes back to bed with me). i'm afraid that nb will wake him and then i'll have two crying tired lo on my hands. dh will be away at times so i can't have him help put ds back down besides ds wants me in bed so dh doesn't really help the situation anyways. i know over time he might be able to sleep through it - dh sure learned how pretty quickly last time lol
i'm just wondering how other multi-children co-sleepers do it and what problems they have....
thanks

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
DD (3) never wakes when the baby (4 weeks) cries.
She waits until after I've changed the babe, nursed, and am *just* falling asleep to wake up and demand my attention

Rough night last night-- the 3 year old is waking more than the newborn
:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was worried about thes too, but Ive been quite surprised by how my 2.5 yo sleeps through crying. And there really isn't much crying anyway as I get him to bf before he actually starts crying. It's just when I do middle of the night nappy changes that my nb cries alot. I think your toddler will get used to it quickly enough..don't worry

ps. my toddler is 2.5 and the baby is 5 weeks

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My son was 21 months when my DD was born he instantly slept threw and I always lay down w/both awake so they stay used to sleeping & falling asleep w/each others noise babe is 5months now & its working just fine so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.