Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am expecting another dd in November. Currently we have the following setup:

Dh, ds and I sleep in our king size bed, dd is in a full size one adjacent (slightly lower) to my side. So it's her, me, ds, dh in one long row

Here is what I planned on doing once the new dd comes along - have her sleep to my left, basically at the edge of the king size bed, next to dd and I thought of using a long roll (as long as the beds) about 10 inches in diameter as a divider and to fill the gap between the mattresses - both to prevent dd to roll onto my side of the bed (even though she is a bit lower she can, and has basically pushed herself onto the king) and to prevent dd2 to eventually roll down onto dd1's bed. The roll is made out of soft foam but would be someone held in by the groove that exists now between the mattresses (created by the bedframes).

I hope this all makes sense. I wanted some feedback on this planned setup but also to hear what other cosleeping parents with three kids have done.

Thx,

·
Registered
82 Posts
We have a similar set-up. One dd is in a bed next to dh's side of the bed (also slightly lower). Then there's dh, another dd, myself and then the baby on the edge. I don't have a bedroll like that. Wish I did. I have one of those guardrails there. It's worked well. I do wish we had a bigger bed, though. We're in a Queen size and it's a bit of a squeeze. I think your setup will work well for you.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
we slept four of us in a king-size bed (with guard rail on one side) for years, but now we have both a king-size bed and a queen-size bed in the bedroom, the two older kids sleep in the queen together and my dh and I and the baby sleep in the king, it feels spacious! We also love our Happy Hangup. the baby sleeps beside our bed in his hammock (suspended from the ceiling) for naptimes and the first part of the night...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts