Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list somewhere that tells which cosmetics contain foreskins? I've read a few threads here about it, but I'm still confused what brands use it.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I think there are two issues, the products that actually use foreskin (probably pretty few products) and the ones that are tested on foreskins even if they dont' contain foreskins.

I don't think there's a comprehensive list but the search function is back up so if you search for cosmetic you'll pull up the old threads.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I didn't know there was a list! Where will I find that?
I know my mother used to manage the office for a company that claimed not to do animal testing (though, I consider embryonic chicken eggs animals) and they tested on foreskins. Back then I just thought it was silly. I was just a kid. Now it really upsets me. I know what companies THEY tested for, but I'd like a more comprehensive list!

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Companies I know (or am pretty sure from talking to them) DON'T use or test on foreskins (or animals):

Sensaria
Arbonne
Ecco Bella
Nature's Gate

I'm sure there are more, but those are the one's I've pinned down so far.

Companies that I know use testskin or paid money to help develop it:

Mary Kay
Avon

And I'm sure there are many many many many many more.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got an e-mail back from Avalon who makes Alba beauty products.

"Thank you for your inquiry. Avalon Natural Products are 100% vegetarian-friendly, with the majority appropriate for vegan lifestyles. The following products do not meet vegan guidelines:

*Avalon Organics
Baby AO - Protective A, D & E Ointment: Beeswax, (vitamin D) from Lanolin
Baby AO - Soothing Zinc Diaper Balm: (vitamin D) from Lanolin

*Alba
Moisturizing Cream Shave: Lanolin
Lipcare 18 SPF: Beeswax, Lanolin
Terra Tints: Beeswax, Lanolin
Hawaiian - Sugar Cane Body Polish: Honey

*Un-Petroleum
Natural Lip Balm: Beeswax, Lanolin
Multi-Purpose Jelly: Beeswax

There are no other animal (including human) ingredients in any of our products. We do not test our products or ingredients on foreskin, nor do we ask others to do so.

All the best,
The folks at Avalon"

This makes me soooooo happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts