Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you OC, LA ladies who have had recent or are currently planning home births in the LA and Orange counties zap me a PM and let me know what the going rate is and what was included? I need to plan out my fees and all that good stuff and would like to know where to start. I know I can't "fix" or undercut but need a good base to compare. My own home births were 6+ years ago and I'm not sure that works for the current professional market.

Thanks for sharing!

Kris, midwife in Newport Beach

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
that was only the Midwives fees. Covered all prenatal appts, the birth and the follow-up appts. I think there was an additional fee for the big labs done at the beginning, but I don't remember. I got my own birth kit using a list they gave me. I wasn't having a waterbirth so I don't know how much pool rentals were; I think they out-sourced for them.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I'm more LA County/ borderline SB. My MW was based in Chino Hills and we live in Pomona. Ds was born just over 2 years ago and our fee back then was $3600. It included the tub, pre and post natal (up to 6 weeks). Labs and other tests were done by our HMO at the time (so no cost to us). We also had access to her books and video library (the video library was very helpful in prepping dd for the birth. We watched a number of Bradley videos and she had a favorite.)

As an aside, my MW wound up dropping about $1000 of the cost because dh delivered ds before she was able to arrive. It seems that I have some hard and fast labors (that we didn't realize with dd's birth because she was an epidural baby), so my good friend was on the phone with our MW when I loudly exclaimed that ds was crowning. Dh understood, but no one else, except our MW.
While she was about 20 minutes away, she entirely missed ds's birth. All the same I wouldn't change dh's participation, and the fact that we both did ourselves, for the world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.