Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here bought any of these dipes? If so, what did you think?

I just *love* the teapot prints and the pear prints!

I've never tried an organic diaper, but these look pretty sweet
I'm digging the gussets! Do they require any "special" care, or can they be used and abused right along with all my other diapers?

**ETA**

The Link

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I think someone mentioned those before on here, but of course I can't remember who it was or what they had to say! I just recognized that adorable little baby on the diaper page.
They look nice to me and the gussets are a big plus, imo. You should be able to wash them like you would the rest of your dipes... I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to.

If you try one out, be sure to give us a full report!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just got a natural organic diaper and its really nice and soft, but it is really big! I think I got a large and the waist is too big for my 24 pounder. I've only washed it once, though, so maybe it will shrink more. I really do like the design of the diaper, though. She also sent me a doubler and a wipe to try and they are both incredibly soft too!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Unfortunately, this problem with size seems to be a problem with organic sherpa. Ask me how I know
: ... The fabric is so dense and stretchy that it causes the diapers to run a bit big. I'm currently working on my problem, but just doling out some answers to why it may be happening. IOW, maybe size down?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yah, I was a little disappointed that it was so big
And the crotch is a little wide but not excessively so. However, I expect gusseted diapers to have a very narrow actual crotch width (you dont need a lot of width in that area if you have gussets)
I was going to return it and get the next size down but I put it on Dylan to try the size out. He literally had it on for 30 seconds and peed
So I'm keeping it.
I may try to alter it a bit with some extra snaps to get it more snug in the waist.

Agreed on the stretch of organic sherpa. It really needs a middle layer of french terry or something to reduce that stretch.

Anyway..its hard to guess by weight. Dylan (22mo) is about 26ish lbs, maybe a tad more, and has a thick waist. Alex (3) is over 30lbs, but thinner than Dylan, so this diaper would probably fall down to Alex's knees

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.