Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning with WICKED chest congestion, sore throat, plugged sinuses (which have since cleared up) and a hoarse, non-productive cough.

Is there anything I can do for this at 7mo pg? Mullein gives me hives, and normally I'd do fenugreek tea, which helps when I have bronchitis, but have a history of PTL and premature babies, so I'm hesitant to try it.

What I've done most of the day is rest, drink lots of water and tea with honey for my throat, and hot Emergen-C 2x today. I have an onion/honey syrup going, it should be ready day after tomorrow, but what can I do to ease this crud in my chest? I've taken two TTO steam baths today, and they helped for maybe an hour, but I can't spend the whole night in the tub, no matter how much I'd love to :LOL

My cough isn't bringing up much of anything, except once in a while a tiny chunk/blob of whitish/yellow phlegm. Humidifier's on, window's open a crack (our heat's REALLY dry), can I put tto in a cool-mist humidifier? Or eucalyptus? both seem to soothe my throat pain, which has cut back on the cough.

BTW - yes, tonsils are swollen, so are glands in throat and behind ears - but have been since double ear infection/sinus infection/strep that finally went away.

I really don't want to take anything like robitussin or chemical expectorants, although earlier I had a throat lozenge to calm my throat down enough to swallow tea ..

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
We use Boerick and Tafel cough and Bronchial...It is all natural and should be fine while your pregnant.I get it at whole foods and online at Vitaglo.com.Works great and doesn't have all that harsh chemicals in it that Robitussin ect...does...I hope you feel better soon..

Love Mylie xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.