Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 10 month old dd has a violent cough at night. I know it is just a cold, so I am not worried about it, but I would like to give her some relief at night. Any suggestions for Over the Counter medicine or homeopathic/natural remedies?

Thank you

xposted in health and healing

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
My son had a very bad cough a couple of weeks ago. I looked for homeopathic remedies, but the only one I found was for ages 2 and up and contained honey, so no-go.

We ran our humidifier in the room at night, and that really calmed the cough so that he could sleep. The doctor said cool, humid air is best to break up the mucus, so we also cracked the window a bit to keep the room cool.

We have a regular warm mist humidifer, but I read that it's just as effective - the cool mist ones were designed so that baby wouldn't pull it over accidentally and get scalded.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used Hylands homeopathic remedy "Sniffles and Sneezes" for Skyy. It worked almost instantly and he was healed before the kid he got it from was. I have used it myself (even though its for kids). It says for ages 2 and up, but the homeopath I talked to said use half the dose for him (6 months at the time). Cough syrups are dangerous and ineffective. I would avoid them at all costs. They stop the body from using its natural immune responses to kill and expell the virus by supressing "symptoms." Homeopathic remedies help the body fight. Also, hyldans makes a vitmain C for babies. Vitamin C is amazing for colds!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.