Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if the pregnancy test shows only one line and the other line is VERY faint? I can see it but it's nowhere close as dark as the other one. I am 4 days before my period and I think I am pregnant. My gums started to bleed I am having cramps - which I NEVER have before period, only one day during the most bleeding.
What are the first signs of early pregnancy?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by reader
It doesn't matter if the second line is dark. The test is not capable of measuring the quantity of hcg, it only detects its presence. A line is a line!

THANKS!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this forum and am so glad to find this topic in particular.
I just took a test and saw a faint line making up the positive sign. I just couldn't believe it didn't take us much time trying at all for me to get pregnant.
I am going to take another one at work. I work at a surgery center and all last week I was taking tests with a negative and then I went out to buy one and it showed positive today. I wonder why that is?

Anyway, I am happy to be here and am so excited and scared.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Pavlina... First, congrats!
I used the tests this time that have +/- and the vertical part of the plus sign was very faint at even 14dpo but here I am, 13 weeks pg.

Second, I LOVE your siggie. Dh and I just watched Meet the Fockers last night. :LOL

·
Registered
851 Posts
i took two tests because i just couldnt believe that the first one was positive... i thought i must have done something wrong, lol. they were two different brands, and one test came out with a much fainter line... both had a line, though. and i am pregnant, no doubt about it.

congratulations.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone! I am so excited!

Otter ~ it took us one single time to get PG! We tried ONCE, then I changed my mind and said I don't wanna get pregnant yet
and wanted to wait a little longer. Baby had different plans obviously. One time. I knew it would not take much.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I did the same thing and called my midwife friend. There was no line so I threw it in the trash. 20 minutes later I decided to look at it and saw a faint faint line. I called and she said a line is a line so congrats!

CONGRATULTIONS! MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.