Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I decided to start TTC this month, even though I haven't gotten a PP AF yet and still nursing my 12 mo around the clock. I don't know if the power of suggestion made my brain make me feel these things, but over the last several days I have had these symptoms--

lower abdominal cramping on and off for 3 days
yesterday- nipple sensitivity/soreness
a sharp pain on my right side for a few minutes
increased arousal (where I haven't wanted to DTD much at all in this last year)
increased CF (slippery, but not egg-white)

After reading a little in SIL's TCOYF, it seems to me like I may have finally ovulated!!
:

What do you think?

Oh, and I have a midwife appointment next Monday just for a pap/checkup.. is there any way she'd be able to tell that early if I did conceive or not?

ETA: we DTD yesterday, saturday, and friday! so before and on date of possible ovulation

· Registered
328 Posts
Well, I have good news and bad news. While it sounds like you may have ovulated, I had those excat signs on and off for almost 2 months before I actually did O. It drove me mad, and I was on these boards for hours a day trying to figure out what my body was trying to do. Everyone told me my body was gearing up to O, and it could take a bit. I was so stressed thinking I may have conceived/ovulated, but didn't have anything to confirm it.

I started charting, and with the help of that, and OPK's, I was finally able to confirm ovulation
: when my dd was 11 mo old. She had cut back alot on her nursing, and started STTN, so I think that's what pushed me to O. So my thoughts are, while you may have O'd, it is also very possible that you are going to feel some signs for a week or more before it actually happens.

good luck, and keep us posted!!

· Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing your experience. I guess we will just have to wait and see if this was the real thing or not!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.