Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is almost 8 months and has her 2 bottom teeth. Very healthy, EBF except for a few bites a day of solid foods. Hasn't really been sick as far as I can tell. Only had a stuffy nose a couple of times that could be attributed to teething or maybe environmental.<br><br>
She has been sneezing occasionally and doing a "fake" cough (either playing or clearing her throat?) for the last few days to a week. Then last night she turned up with an extremely stuffy nose and I could tell she had a fever. So much so, that she was definitely having difficulty nursing, which is our usual way to go to sleep. Every time she would pull away to go to sleep, I wouldn't be able to get her into a position where she was able to breath, and she'd wake up again.<br><br>
We managed to get through the night and she was tired this morning, but still pretty cheerful. When I went home for lunch she was in pretty much the same condition, VERY warm, and producing a LOT of tears. Not crying, but just had lots of fluid in her eyes. All mucus has been clear so far. The nanny says it's from teething. What do you think?<br><br>
I'm not too worried since she's in good spirits. Thought I'd try taking a lot of vitamin C (myself) and giving her some chamomile (sp?). Haven't gotten it yet, so I don't know what form it will be in. I have the Hyland's teething gel, but it doesn't seem to do much. I've heard the teething pellets are good. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That doesn't sound like teething to me...maybe a sinus cold/infection, but if her moods are okay, I wouldn't worry too much. Usually lethargy is a good sign of something bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts