Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have PPD. I had a baby in June and now I feel like my 2 1/2 DD is driving me crazy! I am dealing with the terrible two's, but I feel like DD #1 is mad at me for having another baby, like she has been replaced. She seems depressed, but once her daddy comes home from work she is sooo happy to be with hi, I can't help her do anything, it HAS to be her daddy. :-(<br><br>
I tried to give her a bath last night and she screamed her head off and was hitting me, then as soon as her daddy stepped in the bathroom she hugged him and asked him to help her. She was an angel with him, and plain ole mean to me!<br><br>
I feel like a failure with her. I sit around feeling sorry for myself that my 2 1/2 year old "hates" me. ( this is why I think I'm a bit depressed.)<br><br>
Should I ask my ob/gyn for help?? I'm embarressed to ask for help because he has 7 kids... yes 7 and I only have 2 and I'm feeling this way. :-(<br><br>
Thanks ladies!

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
First off, your two year olds behavior is normal. It is common for them to act like this at that age, especially when there is a new baby in the house. She might be angry at the new baby and the time you are spending with the baby that used to be time you spent with her. You might want to go to the parenting issues forum and ask for advice on how to deal with that issue there.<br><br>
As far as PPD goes, there is a site that has a self quiz at the sticky at the top of this forum. Take that quiz and see how you fare. Don't feel bad about talking to your obgyn about it. You won't be the first or the last to have issues with PPD. Heck, his wife may have suffered from PPD, you never know. He is there to help you with problems like that, use his advice and be honest with him about how you are feeling. Print out the self quiz and take it with you. It is often easier to do that than to try to describe your symptoms.<br><br>
Keep us posted and let us know how things go. And do post in the Parenting forum. You will be reassure to know that you and your situation aren't unique.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts