Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am 37 weeks adn have been having contractions for the last 2 weeks, started really dialating etc and nesting all that 2 weeks ago, then there was some major stressors in my life and it all stopped. Then this last week I ahve been loosing my mucus plug and the contractions etc continue but not dialating more or anything, but dd has been sick so I have not been getting much sleep and have been really tired and stressed from that and the HUGE storm we had last week.
Could my body be stopping things til things settle down some? Cuz that is how it certainly seems but my MOM says that when its time its time and your body can't control things.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Of course your body can control things, I don't know why your mom would say that. The connection between your mind and body is very strong, and if your are subconciously thinking that it would be better to have the baby in a week rather than right now, that could affect what your body is doing. At least according to what I've read about labor and birth.

If you *think* that's what's happening, then if probably *is*. Certainly stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by organicmommy View Post
So I am 37 weeks adn have been having contractions for the last 2 weeks, started really dialating etc and nesting all that 2 weeks ago, then there was some major stressors in my life and it all stopped. Then this last week I ahve been loosing my mucus plug and the contractions etc continue but not dialating more or anything, but dd has been sick so I have not been getting much sleep and have been really tired and stressed from that and the HUGE storm we had last week.
Could my body be stopping things til things settle down some? Cuz that is how it certainly seems but my MOM says that when its time its time and your body can't control things.
That could be part of it but only to a point. I mean if you have constant stress you won't carry for 50 weeks or anything. Some times your body preps for a long time. I was dialated to 3 and 70% effaced with no plug for 6 weeks before DD was born.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Hi. i remember this with my first pregnancy. I had lots of contractions that would last and be time-able.... then they'd 'peter out". Thing was, I WAS dilating! By the time I actually went into labor and was at the hospital, i was 4 cm to start. An hour or two later I was five. so it is a matter of 3 weeks vs. 1 or 2 hours. The previous poster was right on - when you are in 'the real thing" nothing is going to stop it. it just takes over on its own.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that once things get going that stress is not going to stop them but I just wondered if maybe part of my problem wasn't the stress not letting my body get into full labor because it wasn't a good environment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.