Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know I just posted yesterday that I needed a break from here, but after this morning I need support! YOu all are the only ones who actually understand right now how I feel. Everyone else keeps saying, baby will come. UGh!!!

First things first, baby is just fine. Heartbeat and movement are great and I'm measuring right on. So praise God for that!!

Now onto my frustration. I went in for my MW appointment and was actually excited to hear that the MW wanted to sweep my membranes since I was dialated to a 3 and 39weeks. Well she checked me and I am only a 3 at the front of the cervix and only a fingertip toward the back and my cervix is far to the back and baby is still high.

The frustrating part is I saw the MW who doesn't deliever due to my MW being gone 2 weeks ago and she's the one who said I was dialted to a 3 and very soft and baby was very low. Then I ended up seeing the student last week and she too said dialted to 3 and very soft (I didn't even know they had a student and wasn't ever told I'd see her and not my midwife, that upset me too). So for 3 weeks I"ve thought I was dialted and havn't acutally seen one of my midwives and now come to find out I"m not really dialated at all!
:

I'm so glad I insisted on seeing my midwife this time as it was just going to be this student (who was very nice and capabale-she is a labor/delivery nurse) I just wanted to see my MW.

So now NOTHING is going on with my body! I just want to cry. I know I won't be preggo forever but I also don't want to do any inductions and they will give me to 42 weeks if need be. Though I don't want to go that long! This is sooo different from DD and it's even more frustrating!
:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts

:

Ugh. To walk around and think things are happening only to find out that really you're not even that far is VERY frustrating. I'm sorry.

I'm just trying to accept that the baby will never really be born and that's that.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
oh mama

I would be super frustrated as well. That would just be so annoying to be told one thing and then find out the opposite. GRRRRR

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the support! Dh just called and said there are tons of garage sales near his work (he knows sales are my fav thing) and his co-worker who's wife just had a baby invited us over for supper since she heard how down I was. So Dh said, get some money out of the account (atypical for him!) go to some sales and we'll meet you at their house for supper.

I'm still crying off and on, just soooo emotional but hopefully getting out will help.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just so you know, I showed no signs of being ready to go into labour until right before I actually went into labour. I pretty much went "ouch, I think I'm in labour" and had my baby 3 hours later. You may have your baby tonight, or tomorrow. Just keep reminding yourself that it'll happen soon.

Also, the day I went into labour was the day I decided to go out and do some shopping - so garage sales may just be the answer!!

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
Every pg really is so different, it can be hard to deal though when it's soo different from your others. I'm telling this to myself everyday because I can't believe that this baby is still inside either! I hope you were able to have a good afternoon and take your mind off of things for a while.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
There was a lady here who was dialated at a 6cm for a long time. I can't imagine! Walking around a 6 for a few weeks must be toying the mind!

Your situation concerns me because I wonder if being dialated in the front but not in the back, very strange, could pose a cervical lip. Are you sure a membrane sweep hasn't already been done? I'm confused.

One thing that made a difference in WHEN I went into labor was how high in omega was in my diet. Women in the Netherlands have the highest DHA & Omega 3, 6, and 9 in their diet and they gestate their babies longer. Ds #2 was the only one who delivered a week early because I quit the DHA suppliments a few weeks prior to his due date. With dd, I had a huge amount of DHA, Omega in my diet as in eating FISH ALL THE TIME! Man, I loved fish when pregnant with her. Anyways, she went way over her due date, 42.5 weeks. This one, again, I've stoped taking DHA, Omega supplement a few weeks ago in hopes I'll deliver either on time or just slightly earlier.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
shine, maybe the dinner and sales will help some. We too went for dinner tonight, but mine was Olive Garden

Hope it made you feel a little better

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
everyone measures dilation differently. one person's 2 is another person's 3...
AND baby's position can change or feel different depending on YOUR position. like if you're standning baby will feel lower than is you lay back etc...

and it's totally possible to have some cervical/vaginal swelling (mildly) if say you've been on your feet a lot... that *could* explain your thinness turning thickerness (for lack of a better word!)

don't worry though! b/c really all of those numbers mean NADA!!! you could be closed, tight, high, and hard and then go on to have the baby at 3pm tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
12 hours before I had my son I had a routine MW appt and I hadn't dilated at all. When I went to the BC around midnight I was at 4. They said it was up to me if I wanted to stay or go home. I had my son 4 hours later (much to their surprise!). And that was my first! It can happen fast when it happens. (and that was all natural, un-augmented labor).

I haven't asked for any internal exams and I neither of the midwives I am seeing have offered (the HB MW as never discussed it, the CNM hospital-based started sort of apologizing for why she wouldn't do it unless I insisted). I have decided I just don't want to know, because I am pretty sure it doesn't really matter.

Plus, you know they are just feeling with their fingers. I mean, its got to be kind of subjective.

Anyway, good luck!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post

Your situation concerns me because I wonder if being dialated in the front but not in the back, very strange, could pose a cervical lip. Are you sure a membrane sweep hasn't already been done? I'm confused.
This one, again, I've stoped taking DHA, Omega supplement a few weeks ago in hopes I'll deliver either on time or just slightly earlier.
I know I havn't had a membrane sweep...these midwives are very good and would have asked first, plus I would have known. They explained to me that the cervix opening is like a cone shape so the outer edge is wider right now than the inner edge, if that makes sense and it's still pretty thick.
I am taking DHA/Omega and didn't my last pregnancy so I might stop that now and see what it does. Thanks!

Thank you to everyone for their stories of spontaneous birth! I needed to hear these. I know she will come soon, it's just a mind thing I have to get through. Thank you again for your hugs and kind words it means so much to an emotional pregnant woman!!!!

I did feel abit better after getting out today, I just hope I can sleep tonight, I'm trying the sofa in a few minutes!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I know I havn't had a membrane sweep...these midwives are very good and would have asked first, plus I would have known. They explained to me that the cervix opening is like a cone shape so the outer edge is wider right now than the inner edge, if that makes sense and it's still pretty thick.
I am taking DHA/Omega and didn't my last pregnancy so I might stop that now and see what it does. Thanks!

Thank you to everyone for their stories of spontaneous birth! I needed to hear these. I know she will come soon, it's just a mind thing I have to get through. Thank you again for your hugs and kind words it means so much to an emotional pregnant woman!!!!

I did feel abit better after getting out today, I just hope I can sleep tonight, I'm trying the sofa in a few minutes!
I'm glad the day turned out better. May I ask, when did you have your dd? And, by all means, please resume the DHA/Omega when this little one arrives. I'll see if I can find that study. A Midwife sent it to me a long time ago. Hopefully it won't take me too long to find it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.