Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>So, my hubs is my BFF. We really get along pretty well, but when we don't, we REALLY don't. We are a LOT alike and when we disagree, its a battle. So, I'm sick of it. I mean, its all fine and good if you get a long most of the time, but if when you don't, its super ugly, then that doesn't make the "most of the time" part OK, ya know what I mean?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, so a friend of mine is a counselor and I asked him for a rec. He gave my number to a local counseling agency and they just called me to set up an appointment! I'm REALLY excited! I want to have some tools to use to communicate better with the hubs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, yeah. I'm just so thrilled to get started on the hard work of my marriage. I really think that having an outside person give us some tips will benefit us both. That's all, just wanted to share! hahaha!</p>

·
Registered
983 Posts
<p>Awesome! Give us an update after your first session. Im sure there are plenty of us who could use the communication tips you get.</p>

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
<p>Dh and I are like this - 95% of the time it is wonderful, but we touch a few issues, and it is awful scary nastiness.  We started doing Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples and it has been really good.  Google it!</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts