Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in countdown mode! This is the last Monday I have to work!!!!!!
Only 4 more mornings that I have to come to the office! I am only working half time this week so that eases things up a bit but I can't wait to be done!!!!
I can't wait to start nesting and getting ready for this little one!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oh wow, I can't even imagine!! I'm not leaving work until 6 days PAST my due date!
: Unless of course baby-man decides to come before my last day, but...

YAY that this is your last week!!! I hope you will have plenty of time to prepare for this little one!!! What do you have planned to keep yourself busy between now & baby?!

Alayna

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Only 3 more mornings!!!!
Lindsay I hope you get at least a few days of rest off work before babe comes, not that I"m wishing you to go over!
Oh Alayna I am sure I will find things to fill my days! I am having a massage on Friday afternoon. Then really I only have 1 week before the kids are done school. I will then have the first week in July with all 4 girls home so I really want to do some fun stuff with them. Then a week before my edd. I plan to get a few more massages in there and get my nails done as a big treat. Other than that I need to get the house in order and I want to hang out around the pool and just chill! These last few weeks will be my summer vacation!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've told them to tentitively plan on me being out of here July2nd. I've been pretty worthless since the beginning of this month (just tired and spacey), but I've been here physically.
:
I am really looking forward to not being here for a while. I don't have a difficult job, just one of those jobs where either nothing happens or everything happens all at once.
The best part has been that I visit with every first time prenatal at the local hospital. I've been able to watch my OB in action with a ton of other people. I have a good idea of how she reacts to certain situations, why she does what she does. I don't think a lot of people have that opportunity.
Also, I pretty much get reassurance and heart monitoring whenever I want. When dh's grandma passed away and I was running around like mad, I made the OB find baby's heartbeat one day when she just had a minute of downtime. She was happy to do it, told me she'd do it anytime.
Again, I'm
: ing, but I really kind of like the hospital atmosphere. I consider it part of my job, though, to really get people to advocate for themselves.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
July 13th. I"m babysitting and taxi'ing until then, 3 days/week. I'd like to stop at the end of this month, but we need the cash and it's really not a bad deal since I'm in my own home. I'm ready to be done though!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:
:
:

I am sooo happy can you tell!
It is my last day I am done at noon today!!!!!!!!
I feel like jumping up and dancing ok I won't cuz I have been crampy for two days and I don't want to hurt myself!

It is gonna be hot here today so I plan on getting in the pool right after lunch!
I should get off mdc and finish packing and tidying up things for the person who will be taking over for the next YEAR!!!! If not forever since I really don't have a plan on coming back I am sick of this place! I may feel different in a year but I doubt it!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Happy last day to you! Just wait until Monday- there's nothing like that first true day off! Have a blast, and enjoy!

Clara

·
Registered
614 Posts
YAY YAY YAY!!! I know you are ecstatic to get out of there!! I can't even IMAGINE! I won't be leaving for another SIX WEEKS! POOEY!

I am scheduling a massage for my last day of work though! I'm going to do that TODAY, so that feels pretty good, just setting up the appointment!!!
:

Have FUN and don't be loosing contact with us just because you're not in front of a computer all day long!!
Come visit us in between naps and swimming!!!

Alayna

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yup, totally ecstatic too. My last day at both my jobs is this friday. I waitress and it's been pretty much fine up until this past week when I've suddenly felt like I really can't do this anymore. Last friday I worked both jobs and it ended up being around 10 hours on my feeet. At the end of the night when a table just would not leave I hid in the back stairway and called dh crying. He was totally worried and felt horrible and has been really supportive of me leaving work whenever I can but every new day that comes I feel like... it's ok, it's just one more day. I think I've been tricking myself that way to really not freak out.

But it's almost over!!! Yeah! I can't even imagine what it will be like to not work for a few weeks before baby comes. I'm actually worried about having so much time on my hands.

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
July 13 will be my last day, unless this baby decides to come early. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.