Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any recipes? I have heard of one using lavendar essetinal oil and have some and would like to use it in the recipe. I've heard of vinager but the smell really makes me ill.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Baking soda.

On my contertops I sprinkle some baking soda, wet a rag and wipe it down. You can add the Lavendar EO to the baking soda before sprinkling.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
If you add vinegar and essential oils together, it actually smells completely different. Try a capful of the essential oil in a spray bottle of white vinegar.

Baking soda is great for scouring, but if you need any anti-bacterial needs, the baking soda will fall short (this is probably first time in this forum I've ever said anything slightly negative about baking soda....SORRY BAKING SODA, I LOVE YOU!!!)

You can add tea tree oil for antibacterial purposes (lavender has some antibacterial properties, but tea tree oil kills nasty stuff like staph and e.coli).

I've also heard you can make a buffered solution with vinegar and baking soda (which doesn't smell like anything much), and that works great too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts