Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>has anyone used these detergents? in the case of allen's naturally, it comes in liquid or powder, so i'd like to hear about both :) i can get all of them locally but i'm not sure which is most effective. our water is somewhat hard, and i am able to use VERY hot water to wash them if i need to. i'll be using a front loader that has a sanitary cycle that can heat the water to 153*F.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>i'll be using primarily fitted and prefold diapers. i'm getting them secondhand, don't have them now, so i'm not sure if there are pockets or AIOs.</p>

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
<p>We use and love Country Save. We would have hard water, but we have a whole-house water softener/conditioner, so the water is on the softer side. I use about 1/8th of a scoop (the scoop that comes with the powder) on a normal wash with steam, and do an extra rinse. Granted it's only been two weeks, but the diapers come out smelling like nothing but clean and from watching the rinse cycle, there's no extra suds in there, so I think it is rinsing completely clean. </p>

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
<p>Powder is always better than liquid for diapers.  I have used both and they both work great, but we also have a softener.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts