Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 9 month old breastfed baby. I make homemade purees, use cereal, and finger foods. It seems lately he does not want to take anything off a spoon... even things he used to love. And he is not at all interested in using the spoon himself. He loves using his hands for small chunks of things... even the things he then spits back out!
**Should I keep offering on a spoon... or do you think he is done with purees?
Sometimes he won't eat anything I offer. He will always always take avocado or fresh pear.
**Should I continually offer these when he won't eat other things to assure he eats? Or should I just relax and as long as I am offering him a variety at each meal rest assured that he will eat when hungry?
**Also... when did some of you start those allergy risk foods such as wheat, dairy, soy? He has shown no signs of food allergy so far. He does have reflux. Both his father and I have allergies, but not food allergies?
**Another question... chicken/meat... should I only give ground (I do not have a grinder). He only has bottom teeth right now...

I'm new at all this and come from a family of jar feeders! Would love any and all tips/suggestions/ideas.

And for those from the messy self-feeding thread... he's a MESS maker!!!! every single meal is head to toe mess!!! Crunchy hair, etc! Thankfully he loves the washcloth and I am not a neat freak!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.