Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to cding and am hoping you guys can help me. My dd is 8 wks and just outgrew her nb prowraps and bummis (they lasted a week
I'd like to either sew or knit some covers. I am trying to save money, so I'd like to use the cpfs that I have. Can you suggest good patterns for sewing or knitting? My dd has chunky thighs and a narrow waist. Also, will the green-edged cpfs fit her for a while? She's about 50th %ile for wt, but as I said, her thighs are big.
Thank you!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Check out the top for pattern links. I love my VB AIO pattern for making covers. (I just follow the instructions for pockets from sewdiapers.com and don't leave the opening.) They fit my DS thighs and waist perfectly. I use aplix for a tight fit.

For knit, check out yahoo group wool_soaker_group. Under their links (when approved), they have links to free patterns and great for giving help when you are stuck.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
There is a great pattern for knitting - Perfection Pants pattern by Wooly Wonder (it's a pdf instantly-delivered pattern and not too pricey at all). It uses your specific child's measurements to make a cover/pants/shorts, etc. with it so they are perfect for THEM. I have been using it in prep. for a new baby that isn't earthside yet so I just use generic sizing... but when they are here I'll make them some stuff using their own measurements. It's my favorite pattern hands down. I think Pamela does a fantastic job writing out her patterns and her support is incredible - she's available to answer questions and is very helpful.

As for regular diaper covers - if you use something with a side-snap it will alow for chunkier thighs while still making small waist adjustments. It's when you get the one-connection point covers (like the ones you used) that connect in the front or what not that you don't have more adjustment. I like the side snapping ones for the fit you describe (my boys get HUGE thighs too!). As a general rule the front attaching ones are a snugger fit around the diaper, but the side attaching ones are a more custom one, though can be a bit poofy.

Hope you find something that works!!
~Julie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts