Mothering Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Cotton Wraps with diaper service diapers, and I like the fabric and ease of use, but the aplix seems to wear out pretty fast, and they get stainy. I've tried the Gerber wraps and Proraps, but I don't like that stiff sort of vinyl/plastic stuff. Can anyone recommend other wraps I might like? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Are you open to wool or fleece or wanting to stay with PUL type fabrics?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fleece would be OK, but I'll pass on the wool. I did get one fleece diaper cover (a Patty Wrap, I think?) and thought it was terribly puffy. But they might not all be like that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bummis are PUL I believe. I like them especially because they have the pocket up front to keep a trifolded pf in place - no snappis or pins required. I can also just put everything together ahead of time. DD is so squirmy she does not tolerate waiting for me to fold, hold and snappi - THEN put on the wrap and re-do her clothes.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
the aplix does wear out on those cotton wraps, but for staining problems try sunning them on the line or just out the window- its magic!<br><br>
tabitha

·
Registered
178 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>hannahmom</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Bummis are PUL I believe. I like them especially because they have the pocket up front to keep a trifolded pf in place - no snappis or pins required. I can also just put everything together ahead of time. DD is so squirmy she does not tolerate waiting for me to fold, hold and snappi - THEN put on the wrap and re-do her clothes.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Bumkins are the ones with the pockets.<br><br>
I second Bummis SWWs...they're fabulous, and hold up really well!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

gemanda said:
Bumkins are the ones with the pockets.<br><br>
Bummis also have the pockets, and I like the fabric better than the bumkins, although the bumkins does have some cute prints. Bummis SWW are our favorites here.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I really like the mother ease airflows, but to use with prefolds you would need a snappy, I have a few of the rikki wraps from me, and they have that little top fold to tuck the prefold into and they have gussets. hth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts