Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, with 10 weeks left to my EDD, I think I have made up my mind about the system. I just have not been satisfied with anything else than Indian Prefolds - the absorbency, versatility and value are just unbeatable.

But I have not made up my mind about covers yet. Wool has been tempting me for a while because of breathability and how cute it is.

However I am afraid of buying something I will have to wash by hand every time it is soiled... What would you buy??

P.S. Do you guys think infant IPFs would fit a 8lb baby? And for how long?? And what size covers should I get? My babies have always been big, so I am wondering what size to get...

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I have never used wool on a newborn (yet!) but I have stocked up on quite a few wool covers for this baby (due in February).

There are a lot of wool covers that can be washed in the washing machine (on gentle). In fact, I wash all of my wool in the machine and have never had a problem. You just might have to buy a bit more since you have the drying time...or just use the PUL covers when the wool is drying.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would use wool if you are going to snappi or pin the IPF. If you're going to lay them in, it would seem like a lot of laundry. I have also washed my wool in the delicate cycle on my front loader machine and it's always been fine. But, if it's humid, it takes a long time to dry.

My babies aren't huge at birth but grow fast. My daughter only used infant CPFs for about 2 months. Even then I couldn't pin or snappi them. I wish I had the premium IPFs because of the shorter length. We've been fine with the premium CPFs for a while now but there was a time when they were way too long and the infants were too narrow.

I used Nikky covers for the newborn stage mostly because I got a good deal from a friend. They worked well. They are trim and breathable. The cotton will wick if the diaper is really wet.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I think what covers to use depend on what you are using for diapers
I've not once had a soiled cover and I've been using wool on Willow since she was born (almost a month ago *gasp* :LOL) But I only use fitteds.... tho she doesnt really have explosive poop yet.. she poops a little bit at a time, but all the time, ROFl

Tho i do prefer to use snapping wool covers at night for quick changes and soakers/longies for day time.

HTH!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.