Mothering Forum banner

If you had to pick one cover for use with prefolds, which?

• Prorap Classic

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • Bummis Super Whisper Wrap

Votes: 30 52.6%
  • Bummis Super Snap Wrap

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dappi Nylon Pants

Votes: 5 8.8%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8,113 Posts
I used all three on ds when he was a newborn and loved all three but the bummis were the softest feeling, so I choose those. BUT, I loved the gussets on the proraps, and the simplicity of the dappis - plus those never seemed to leave any marks, but were a pain with pulling down after a poopy explosion ...

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I didn't vote, because I've only used the prorap classics and the dappi pull-ons, and I wouldn't use either, given a choice. The pull-ons are a mess to get off after a blowout poop, and the proraps don't cover a pinned/snappi'd prefold well enough (they're designed more for trifold-and-lay-in), and I wouldn't to the lay-in method on a tiny baby if you paid me!
Add ME Airflows to your list, and you'd get a vote from me

· Registered
6,329 Posts
My vote was for the Bummis Snap wrap. I don't like the look of ease of undoing velcro covers, nor the fit of proraps.

And I have yet to meet a Dappi that I liked.

· Registered
1,587 Posts
I have had terrible luck with the bummis wraps, they always wick on me. However, I have had a good experience with the bummis pull on whisper pants, which are similar to the dappi ones, but with nicer binding. HTH!

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mehndi mama
Add ME Airflows to your list, and you'd get a vote from me

I left them out intentionally because I already know I like them.

· Registered
4,890 Posts
I voted ProRap Classic! While I'm not a fan of aplix on older babies, there's nothing like a good, snug aplix fit on a newborn.

I love the gussets on the ProRaps and I really feel we got the best fit overall with them. While I much prefer the 'feel' of the Bummis, they just didn't get as snug of a fit (which I feel is very important, especially with newborns) as the ProRaps.

I think pull-on covers are nice and simple, but with a poo explosion (which are bound to happen with newborns), it would just be a yucky mess taking it off.

And snaps? Well, I *do* love my ME AF, but I just think newborns are such funny shapes that you get a better fit with aplix than snaps (in the case of the bummis snap).

ETA: Doh! I really should have read the question better!!! ... I assumed this was for newborns. But for overall, that changes my answer! I don't have an answer for overall I guess. My favorite for newborn vs. anything older shifts!

After the newborn period (or really through ... maybe six months?) any choice would go towards snaps. I've found that once babies can sit up and move, it seemed the front on any aplix cover would fold inward and the aplix -- though soft as it can be -- would still rub on my babe's belly. I haven't tried the Bummis snaps, but if the material is the same as their wraps, then my vote would totally go there (out of the options) for babes over six months old!

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, if my entirely fictional, hypothetical mama were to pick Bummis Super Whisper Wraps in size small to go with infant prefolds and Bummis Super Snap Wraps in size medium to go with regular or premium prefolds, would that be better than picking just one and sticking with it all the way?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.