Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many covers do I need? My DS is little so we are still in smalls... how many can I get away with having. Iknow before too long we will be in mediums. He is my last, so I don't want to get too many small covers.

TIA

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to the cloth diapering tutorial in the FAQ forum:

"You will need at least 6 covers in each size. If you use fitted diapers or snappis, you will have less messes in the covers and can reduce that number to 4 covers in newborn and small, and 3 covers in medium and large."

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It depends how long yuo go between washing. We had 2 newborn and 2 small covers that we used regulalry and I used to wash them out each evening and had then on the bathtub to dry. That said DD was in the habit of a small poop at each feed so we never had any blowout problems.

Now we are in mediums we have 6 and i seems like a goon number, I wash every couple of days and the covers just go in the wash.

FWIW I found that the mothease covers were very adjustable and as long as I used the snappi I could get away with them being on the big side. So maybe have a couple of mediums around to use in an emergency until he grow into them.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
I always say at least 6 if you use prefolds underneath or at least 4 if you use fitteds underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.