Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to India in a few mos and SIL is desperate for good covers. I need something that's breathable, trim, and adjustable. My nephew is only a month old and so far he's a skinny little guy. But who knows how he will end up by the time we arrive and beyond? I need something that will fit a variety of baby sizes. I'm going to buy covers in several sizes for him to grow into. Are there any trim side snapping covers out there that won't cost too much? Oh and they must be very durable. I was looking at something similar to ME AF but trimmer. Thanks!

Okay and how about a couple of one-size pocket diapers just for fun? What is a good brand that is durable and pretty?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Strangely, I'm really liking our Bummis Originals. They're not side-snapping though.

One-sized, there are bumGenius, Mommy's Touch, Superstars (used to be Wonderoos) and now WonderWraps (this one's a cover).

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not like Bummies so that's why I'm not getting them. I loved the fit and they worked great on dd1 who was not a heavy wetter. Dd2 soaked through those things so fast it was like she didn't even have a cover on. Oh well.

Proraps would not be durable enough for India's washing methods. They would crack and wear out. I think they also run small.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Okay I found ME air flows to be some of he trimmest and most durable covers around. They smoth out well under clothes and can take about any wash cycle. They are by far my favourite cover.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I'd have to secod the vote for motherease. They seem to take pretty much anything I can throw at them and still look new and not leak.

I found the rikkis to be slightly more adjustable than the airflows. I seemed to be able to get a better fit around the legs with them.

The only onesize pocket I've tried is wonderoos but I've never got it fitting right. DD is very skinny and it's taken till about now (2 and 22lb) to get the legs to fit without gaping.

·
Registered
915 Posts
NOt sure about the covers....I use mainly fleece (Stacinators and Bear Bottoms right now) and I like Wigglewormbottom covers too because they are just too darn cute! I have some loveybums wool coming this week though and I've heard they are great. A super cute pocket dipe (if you want it just for the cuteness factor) is a *******'s Pants....they are fleece outside with a cute embroidery on the butt....trim fitting too and they work well, I've never had a leak so far. I have a Bum Genius and a Fuzzi Bunz pocket too and they both work really good....there isn't anything special as far as cuteness to them though....just solid colors. I have a Mommy's Touch pocket also and good grief that thing is hard to figure out! So many buttons. I did figure it out BUT I don't like that the waistband is rolled down when your baby is smaller....it looks uncomfortable to me...I like that the Bum Genius is at least snapped down and out of the way.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have a few Bummi's, a few Nikkys, a Imse Vimse Night and a Lite Wrap. All of them work well. But, they all have a different fit.

I first bought all of them when my daughter was 8 months old and about 18 lbs. and they all still fit - she's now 15 months and almost 23 lbs. The Lite Wrap runs VERY big as does the Bummis, the Nikkys and Imse Vimse are pretty true to size.

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
I really like the Bummis Super Whisper Wraps. Mediums and Larges would be perfect. I think the mediums fit a good range.

I've not had a lot of luck with the one size pockets. I really the like Fuzzi bunz the best. The medium seems to fit a lot of babies for a long time in that brand too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.