Mothering Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is generally accepted in the medical community that Covid-19 and Long Covid can lead to changes (often dramatic and unpleasant) in a woman's menstrual cycle.
Long COVID and Periods: The Unspoken Impact on Female Well-Being

Why Women Experience COVID and the Vaccines Differently Than Men

It now appears that many women are reporting similar menstrual changes after receiving the Covid vaccine.

Some Vaccinated Israeli Women Report Irregular Menstrual Cycles, Bleeding

Can the Vaccine Make Your Period Worse? These Women Say Yes

The disappointing thing is that it's sort of being brushed off as a psychosomatic side-effect. Even the 4th above-linked article, which decries medical sexism, ends with an expert's assertion that women's reports of wonky periods after vaccination could just be due to pandemic stress and lockdown weight gain.

·
Registered
18,741 Posts
It is generally accepted in the medical community that Covid-19 and Long Covid can lead to changes (often dramatic and unpleasant) in a woman's menstrual cycle.
Long COVID and Periods: The Unspoken Impact on Female Well-Being

Why Women Experience COVID and the Vaccines Differently Than Men

It now appears that many women are reporting similar menstrual changes after receiving the Covid vaccine.

Some Vaccinated Israeli Women Report Irregular Menstrual Cycles, Bleeding

Can the Vaccine Make Your Period Worse? These Women Say Yes

The disappointing thing is that it's sort of being brushed off as a psychosomatic side-effect. Even the 4th above-linked article, which decries medical sexism, ends with an expert's assertion that women's reports of wonky periods after vaccination could just be due to pandemic stress and lockdown weight gain.
What a perfect example of possible side-effects being dismissed! With the added delight of period problems after Covid being taken seriously, but the same problems after the vaccine being shrugged off.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Is this perhaps the plan:

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Anyone here have a Covid shot - esp. if you still menstruate. Anything to report?

Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
24,648 Posts
"I didn't know that they are allowing pregnant moms to have the vaccine"

Oh, well, why not?

·
Registered
18,741 Posts
Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Anyone here have a Covid shot - esp. if you still menstruate. Anything to report?
Early 30s. Got my first dose back in January and have had zero change.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Early 30s. Got my first dose back in January and have had zero change.
Nice! My sister (37) got hers very recently-has not mensturated yet. She got Moderna.

A family friend (18) got hers at the same time and was complaining about a very heavy period. She does not know about the possible link between the vaccine and menstruation, AFAIK and I have not told her. It will be interesting to see if she continues heavy, as one heavy period could very much be coincidence.

Reactions: Deborah and teacozy

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Why indeed!?

Oh good grief.

I watched the video that ended with a woman from PEI saying she wanted the vaccine to protect herself and her baby. While I sympathise with anyone pregnant and making decisions at this moment,

1. PEI has virtually no Covid.
2. The Atlantic provinces are bubbled up and you cannot even visit them - there is little worry about it being imported. Heck, you can't even visit PEI from other Atlantic provinces at the moment.

This woman is either a talking peice for pro-vaccination, or is a victum of fear mongering.

The CBC should have picked a woman from Alberta or the Toronto area to do the vaccine pitch. Many people with knowledge of Covid in Canada will scoff at this.

I typically like the CBC (enough, at any rate) but this is lazy journalism.

Reactions: Hyacinthe
1 - 16 of 16 Posts