Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds does not tolerate any sort of cow milk that I take in--even butter will cause full scale spit ups. We're fine with goat and sheep milk products, and I've never tried raw cow milk.
I've always been a bit lactose sensitive, but my other 2 kids are fine with dairy.

Anyone have this experience? Does it last forever? If your dc is older can they tolerate dairy?

It's not a huge thing, I've always been one to think that we eat too much dairy in gereral, but I do miss good yogurt.

·
Registered
794 Posts
my ds is outgrowing his dairy sensitivity. i cut it out when he was 12 months old. kept it completely out of both of our diets until he was 16 months or so then began experimenting with how he reacted to different dairy products.

when i added some back in i found that what i ate didn't really make a difference unless it was a huge amount. butter doesn't bother him at all. he can have small amounts of white cheese, but yellow cheese bothers him. yogart every once in a while, but it does tend to bring back the irritated bum and frequent urination. diary ingredients in a baked dish don't really matter.

i think unless it is a full blown allergy most sensitivities get better with time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.