Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 8 month old ds is obviously going to be my wild child!

My ds2 had a sippy cup of cows milk that he didn't finish and left on our little kid's picnic table. Ds3 crawled over and drank probably 3 or 4 ounces before we noticed (the milk was still fresh). Neither of the other boys knew how to navigate a sippy cup until they were a year old (or a bit older), so it didn't occur to me to keep an eye on ds2's wayward cups!

Is there anything I should be watching for in ds3 at this point? We'd never let him have a cup of cow's milk this young on purpose, but I want to make sure that if this kind of thing happens ocassionally that ds3 won't burst into flames or anything. LOL

BTW, ds3 is still nursing and takes 2 "meals" a day. The cup of milk didn't seem to affect that at all.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
It really isn't a problem at all unless they are allergic. He's definitely not going to burst into flames.
ROTFLMAO.gif
As you're still nursing you may want to avoid him drinking large amounts of cow's milk on a regular basis or it may affect your supply (CM can be filling), but as an occasional drink at his age it's fine.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
My LO does the same thing, and we've noticed no issues so far. I try and get my oldest to keep his cups out of reach, because I don't want LO drinking some of the things I give to my oldest yet (like the occasional glass of sweet tea) but he forgets sometimes.

·
Registered
910 Posts
LOL! I got Lila a sippy cup today for water.. she's got NO CLUE how to use it! I did catch her finishing off my protein shake the other day. I'm sure a little cow's milk won't hurt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.