Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My almost 8 month old was diagnosed today w/ coxsackie virus. She has lots of sores in her mouth & a low grade fever
:
Our doc. gave her Unda homeopathic remedies #26 & #2. Is there anything else I can do for her???

Can I get this on my breast from feeding her?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I don't think so. What I've read about the virus is that it's transmitted through feces. Be careful washing after changing diapers.

Coxsackie virus is miserable. I feel for your babe. DS had it in December.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
My daughter and I both had it when she was 6mo. I had it but didn't notice until the doctor did. I had no symptoms except a very mild rash. We got through ours just fine. I would not worry about getting it from her. And it would be more likely to pick it up from a kiss than your breast.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the 5th day & she now has a rash on the top of one foot & her bottom... is this the normal course of this virus & should I treat the rash a certain way ??

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Yes, you can basically get it anywhere.

The best treatment is still to keep her clean and wash your hand after changing her diapers very carefully. Make sure she does not touch the diaper or her bottom.

It can last about 2 weeks.

She shouldn't have a fever now. Is it gone?

Give her plenty of fluids to help her eliminate it. And always give her CLO and SA every day.

If she for some odd reason would get a stiff neck, difficulty breathing, or is vomiting, I would take her to the doctor.

Otherwise she should be able to handle it herself with plenty of TLC.

JMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.