Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds is ready to move up to a new diaper size and I'm not sure what to do. I've been using trifolded infant cpfs for a while now and I don't think they'll work much longer. I ordered samples of premium and regular cpfs, but haven't been able to get one onto ds. He hates to be on his back and won't stay still for diaper changes. The larger sized cpfs are too big to just trifold, but I don't know how I'll manage to get a folded/snappied one onto him. My attempts thus far have been with the bikini twist. I use pocket diapers at night and am considering getting more of them for ease of use, but I don't want to give up on cpfs.

Anyway I guess I have several questions...How do you get folded and snappied cpfs onto your babes? Might this stage of twisting and turning over during diaper changes end soon? What would you buy now if you were me?

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
How are you trifolding the new regular and premium prefolds? If you fold them sewn edges in rather than thin sides in, they should fit in a wrap, if that's how you want to keep doing it.
If you really want to use a snappi, though, it will probably take finding some new ways of distracting your son during changes. Perhaps you could have a special item that he only gets to hold when getting changed, and when that thing gets old, you could find something else? Some people have said that giving baby a piece of sticky tape to play with keeps them occupied. Some others may have some good ideas....

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
For us, changing has not gotten easier. Now that he's an efficient crawler I have to change him on the floor because he twists himself and crawls away so fast! We have to rotate "forbidden" objects (my hairbrush, tube of toothpaste, etc) so that we can get a diaper on him. Maybe picking up a few fitteds for those days when he's especially squirmy would help?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the same problem with regular cpfs. I actually fold them in quarters (quadfold?!) rather than trifolding them. Not so trim, but then they don't stick out the legs of the cover. As for the wriggling, I'm afraid short of sticking baby down with the piece of sticky tape, I'm stumped!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.