Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on getting a CPF system going, and I'm curious, how does this whole doubler thing work with CPF's? I'm trying to avoid chafing from serged edges for DD, now that she is active<br>
(almost 5 months) she is chafing badly.<br><br>
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Do you mean that your baby is getting red marks from the edge of the doubler? I would fold the CPF a little wider in the crotch area so the doubler doesn't touch her.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't have or cpf's yet. But are you saying we can just use a regular doubler and fold the cpf over the edges? That sounds like it would totally work!

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Well, I've found that the doubler isn't as wide as I normally fold a CPF. I use the Angel Wing fold (if I'm using a Snappi, otherwise I fold it in thirds and lay it inside a cover). With the Angel Wing fold, you lay the CPF flat, lay the baby on top of it so the CPF is in line with his or her hips in the back. Then you fold the front into thirds (while the baby is still lying on the CPF). I then lay a doubler on top of that (and the doubler is quite a bit narrower than the CPF), then bring the whole thing up between my DS's legs. I then bring one wing from the back around his waist, secure it, and do the other side. You can see pictures of it at <a href="http:" target="_blank">www.punkinbutt.com,</a> I believe. I have had no chafing issues at all with the doublers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts