Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some prefolds but what's the difference between the three? What is the advantage of one over the others in terms of absorbancy, softeness(after multiple washings), longevity, and any other qualities?

TIA

· Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm not sure the difference between CPF and DSQ, I *think* they may be different names for the same things, but I'm sure someone can clarify that.

I like IPFs the best, I think that they are the softest and most absorbant, although they do run a tad smaller than CPFs. I have some of both but reach for the IPFs the most.

· Registered
3,092 Posts
CPFs are a little bigger than IPFs. I think that IPFs are a little softer than my CPFs. My dd needs the little bit extra length around the waist that a CPF has.
DSQ-diaper service quality. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but some DSQ diapers are CPFs. but just because it is DSQ does not mean that it is a true CPF.
I just measured my IPF and my CPF (premium size)

IPF-waist 13 inches, length 18.5 inches
CPF-waist 14 inches, length 19 inches

· Registered
3,964 Posts
IPF's are soooo soft. They don't ever seem to run out of softness. They also run smaller. At 20lbs ds can wear a premium IPF, folded down at the back, perfectly. The premium cpf's are still way to big on him. I have regular cpf's that fit ds just like the premium IPF's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.