Mothering Forum banner

CPS visits the Spears' home, again

487 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Arduinna
Sorry if this has already been posted.
I dislike Brittany Spears, but I dislike CPS more. I think this is a little extreme.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/mu...12065109990001

Quote:
Reports Say Spears' Son Fell From High Chair
Law Officers Pay Visit to Pop Star

MALIBU, Calif. (April 12) - Child welfare officials and a sheriff's deputy visited Britney Spears ' home because her infant son was accidentally dropped from a high chair , according to published reports.
Six-month-old Sean ******* fell April 1 as his nanny was lifting him from the high chair and something in the chair snapped, Star magazine reported Tuesday. The infant slipped from her arms and fell, bruising his head on the floor, the magazine said.

People magazine and the Los Angeles Times also reported the incident on Wednesday.

Though a doctor examined the baby at the house, Spears and husband Kevin Federline took the baby to the emergency room to have him examined six days later, People said.

Spears' attorney, Martin Singer, said in a statement that the hospital made a report to the Department of Children and Family Services as required by state law.

"DCFS immediately responded and determined there was no problem and no reason to open a formal investigation. They determined that the parents weren't involved in the injury and nothing was improper within the home," he said.

The Los Angeles DCFS and the Lost Hills sheriff's station declined to give details of Saturday's visit, and would not say if there was an ongoing investigation. DCFS public-affairs director Louise Grasmehr didn't return a phone message left Tuesday at her Los Angeles office. The department routinely refuses to discuss cases, citing confidentiality laws.

"It's a very standard, routine patrol request," Lt. Debra Glaskides said Tuesday. "We just roll out with them. We stood by, we took no action, no report or anything."

In February, DCFS visited Spears' home after publication of photographs showing the 24-year-old singer driving with then 4-month-old Sean ******* in her lap, rather than in a car seat as required by law.

Spears later apologized, saying she did it because of a "horrifying, frightful encounter with the paparazzi."
See less See more
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
WEll, THey probably came out because this is the second incident they've recieved on them.

1st Brit drives around with the baby on her lap

2nd the babe is wacked around the head enough to need to be seen.

I can sorta see their point on this one.
Quote:
I dislike Brittany Spears, but I dislike CPS more.

I really have no idea what to make of this sentiment.
Okay its just plain weird the nanny dropped the kid...but was taken to emerg 6 days later - for what? if they were concerned at the time....that doctor could have gotten them a ct scan etc...even 6 days later what prompted them to go to emergency? fishy I say....

Quote:
"DCFS immediately responded and determined there was no problem and no reason to open a formal investigation. They determined that the parents weren't involved in the injury and nothing was improper within the home," he said.
sounds like they dropped the kid and waited the weekend until the nanny agreed to take the fall...IMO. I am glad they are being treated like everyone else....but it sure makes you wonder what those parents are smoking...
So if the parents weren't 'responsible' is the nanny still employed?

'something snapped'? pleeeze so who are they suing? If a highchair broke while my kid was in it.....or some nanny dropped my kid I'd be mad no?
but waiting 6 days..... either it was a story and the kid actually fell twice...
See less See more
Quote:
A doctor examined the child that day, April 1, at the family's home, and he seemed fine, the magazine said. But Spears and husband Kevin Federline became concerned and took the child to a hospital emergency room six days later to have him checked again, though no serious problems were found, it said.
They have the money to have doctors do house calls. It sounds like the doctor came then a few days later the baby acting crabby parents got worried. It happens. My brother (older than a baby) fell and it took two weeks before they realized his little bump was actually a broken growth plate. He was at a basketball game and noone could believe the seriousness of the injury. It wasn't a big fall.

I fell down the step with my son. And I know other people who have dropped their babies or whacked them in the head while in a sling. So firing the nanny or calling them bad parents isn't always reality for this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsupialmom
They have the money to have doctors do house calls. It sounds like the doctor came then a few days later the baby acting crabby parents got worried. It happens. My brother (older than a baby) fell and it took two weeks before they realized his little bump was actually a broken growth plate. He was at a basketball game and noone could believe the seriousness of the injury. It wasn't a big fall.

I fell down the step with my son. And I know other people who have dropped their babies or whacked them in the head while in a sling. So firing the nanny or calling them bad parents isn't always reality for this.
: if i was being judged solely on bruises, i would have had cps here alot these past few months, little man has been looking like a prize fighter with as many diggers to the noggin as he has
See less See more
I don't think it's that the babe had a head injury all by itself. They did seek medical care for it with a housecall.

I think it's really that Brittney in particular has shown poor jugement when it comes to the baby.

She drove in her SUV with the baby on her lap. Now they take the baby in with head trauma. Can you SEE why CPS MIGHT find the incident worth lookng into?
I suspect they didn't want to be accused of treating her with favoritism... so they maybe erred on the side of caution. When my DD was 11 months old she fell off the sofa and actually cracked her skull. She was fine moments later and we only got concerned when a goose-egg appeared on the side of her head 24 hours later.
Wow, so I guess I should have been grateful that CPS didn't visit my house when dd needed stiches after hitting her head on the coffee table while toddling?

I think they totally overreacted.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts