Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5.5 yo and a 2.5 y.o. and we all happily sleep in the same room. My 5.5 yo's twin bed is pushed against the king bed shared by my 2.5 yo dd, my partner, and myself. My 2.5 y.o. has asked for her own bed "just like brothers but PINK!." Since she is now sleeping soundly through the night (yes, thank you, we're all very pleased even though it came at the cost of her no longer napping), I think it is a good idea and I'd get a more restful night but still have her close.<br><br>
So, we'll have a king bed with a a twin on each side. There is always a crack between my son's bed and our bed and I don't want a crack between me and my dd. How can I make all of the mattresses stay flush together? They are all the same height and they start out flush but get pushed apart during the night somehow. Suggestions?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Is it possible to shove the beds against a wall? Do any of the frames have casters that lock? Our queen frame does. Is it the mattresses that separate or do whole beds shift?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. We might have to push one side up against a wall as I don't know how much space we'll have with a king and two twin beds! The frames do lock and they are locked but it is the mattresses that get pushed apart. So, I'm not sure that one side against a wall is going to help very much. I might help a little though. I was thinking of something like bungee cords!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Ratchet tie-downs? Keep the buckle(s) to the side/underneath. And then you can use a twin-to-king overlay (foam thingy) to get rid of the crack. Put a quilt over the foam thing, unless you're making custom sheets for the whole shebang.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts