Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I had treated cradle cap by coating with probiotics, it took three days and was totally gone, now it is coming back a little, and the old threads all focus on efa s and allergies as a cause but no-one gets into candida (or candida causing allergies) so anyone else using probiotics for this? Pros (as we call probiotics) cleared up colic almost instantly, and worked once already on cradle cap... anyone else using them?</p>

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
<p>I treated my dc by rubbing a solution of 1/3 cup olive oil and one drop tto on their scalp. Let it sit. Use a soft brush to scrape off. It didn't return.</p>

Reactions: ghannit

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
<p>I used olive oil as well. I still do, as it appears my daughter gets teeny patches of dermatitis (like her mama, poor thing) every now and again.</p>

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
We use virgin coconut oil to remove it. But as far as keeping it from coming back-- we haven't figured this out. But DH and I have issues with dermatitis, and all three kids have it, so I'm suspecting some genetic cause here.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
<p>Sucks, doesn't it, Llyra? I have some suggestions I can offer you to keep the dermatitis at bay, based on what works for me.</p>
<p> </p>
<ul><li>No shampoo ever. It just makes everything drier, which makes for more flakes. Just wash with water, perhaps with an apple-cider vinegar rinse if need be. If shampoo can't be eliminated completely, make sure it's used very very sporadically and that it is free of SLS.</li>
<li>A bit of tea tree oil works wonders on patches of dermatitis</li>
<li>If you get it on your face or other parts of your body, the same rule as above applies- no soaps!</li>
<li>Use oil of your choice to moisturize instead of commercial lotions; many of them contain ingredients that can irritate dermatitis.</li>
</ul>

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
<p>nak always had luck w/ olive oil</p>

·
Registered
910 Posts
<p>I just gave her a long warm shower to soften it up and combed it all out. It's taken a few weeks for it to come back.  DD has tons of hair so I don't want to have to try and remove oil from it!</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts