Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DS and I are spending a long weekend with his cousins this weekend. Their mom is taking care of three kids, plus a grandchild, plus two grown children. All of this while going to school full-time. I’d like to give her a break this weekend by doing some activities with the kids. Besides taking them to the park, what can I do? They LOVE crafts, so I was thinking some kind of craft activity, maybe modified for the toddlers. The ages of the kids that will be there are 18 months, 2 ½, 7, 9, and 10. What kinds of things can I do with the kids that they’ll enjoy and the little ones won’t get hurt with? I’m ok with buying some supplies.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Painting!<br><br>
The little ones can finger paint and the older ones could use a paint brush , if they want. You could get a head start on Christmas( if that's your thing) ornaments and gifts by painting some wood frames and wood ornaments .<br><br><br>
You could make cards or collages too.<br><br>
Good Luck and have fun!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I was at Michael's the other day and they had those foam stickers in all kinds of designs, letters, numbers, stars, hearts, smiley faces etc. They also had foam visors (hats) that you could buy in different colors. It was a rainy day so I bought one for ds, and some stickers.<br>
All he had to do was peel and stick the stickers, very easy. In a short time he had a visor with his name and race cars on it.<br>
I am thinking of getting those for his birthday party for the group to do.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
This site has loads of craft ideas <a href="http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/" target="_blank">http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/</a><br><br>
I often run crafts with groups of children 6 - 10 years old and my 2 year old joins in with lots of help.<br><br>
Making kites to fly would be good, I haven't got time to find one for you but there are sites with instructions. I find the sleds easiest to make flyable. Again older ones can do most of it and younger ones need help until decorating with stickers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts