Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all! i am new around here but really enjoy reading everyone's advice and opinions... thanks!

i am wondering, is anyone else having menstrual like cramping these days? sometimes it's with lower back pain, sometimes not. i'm 34 weeks and don't really wanna go into to labor just yet
i keeping thinking it's just the way the baby is laying at the moment, but maybe it's "false" or prelabor? Hmmm.

Can anyone relate?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have been having those kinds of cramps also. I'm only 32 weeks, so it's been making me a bit nervous as well. I think mine is more related to over-exurting myself and not drinking enough water, but I've been trying to just take it a little easier the last few days. The fact that it's been in the 90's and 100's here for the last 4 days doesn't help either...especially with no a/c. I'd just try and relax a little...get off your feet and take it easy.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am definately on the "taking it easy" track these days, although the cramping actually feels better if i try to walk around some. i still haven't called my midwife (denial??) but i feel in my gut that this is not the beginning of 'real' labor. we'll see! otherwise, no spotting or worrying symptoms.

stay cool in the heat, i definately feel your pain, no pun intended!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
IS this your first baby? with DD (DC1) I had crampy feeling around 36-37 weeks,and THOUGHT they were contractions( LMBO now that I know what a REAL contraction feels like) but Ive had BH and REAL contractions for the last 3 weeks and Im around 35 weeks, sooooo with that said, I find that if I lay down and drink a HUGE glass of water and go pee, it usually subsides for awhile, But at this point Id say as long as they arent intensifying and regular they are just "practice" for your uterus... I once heard that BH and irregular contractions helped to "Ripen" your cervix... so who really knows!
Hang in there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.