Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I remember feeling crampy during the first few weeks of nursing after DD was born, but it let up after that and I haven't really felt any cramps since then. Now, all of a sudden, I've been feeling crampy while nursing my now 2-year-old DD. They're not severe, mostly just annoying, but I was just wondering if anyone experienced this and why it's happening again?</p>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Ugh, I was afraid someone was going to suggest that. I have a Mirena in right now so I'm really hoping that's NOT the case. But I have been super moody and more exhausted than usual which has made me suspicious, but I'm trying to think positive. I would LOVE to have another one right now, but with the Mirena still in, it's not really an ideal situation.</p>

·
Registered
667 Posts
<p>I have been having the same issue while nursing DD (20 months old) and unless my husband's vasectomy failed, there's no way I'm pregnant.  Mine is actually due to a combination of endometriosis and a UTI.</p>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Well, I know I don't have endometriosis. I used to have really severe cramping during my periods and they ruled that out when I was in high school. I'm pretty sure I don't have a UTI since I don't have any other symptoms, but maybe I can get that checked out. Any other ideas? Or should I just go get a pregnancy test?</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>I personally would start with a home pregnancy test, because a slight cramping when nursing was my first pregnancy symptom. and there is a fail rate on any birth control, so it's not impossible. then if it was neg I would call your HCP, because I can't think of any other reason that shouldn't get checked out. </p>

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p>HPT was negative, but I did get what I'm pretty sure was a period right before Thanksgiving, which would make me due for another one next week. If I don't see anything by then, I'll test again. Either way, I'm going to see a doctor because I "feel" pregnant, you know? And if I'm not pregnant, then something is up with my body that needs to be checked out. Thanks for the advice, ladies!</p>

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
<p>if you're period wouldn't be due for another week, there's a much higher chance of a false negative with the HPT, so going into the doc sounds like a good idea, they'll probably start with a more sensitive test. </p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts