Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm particularly wondering what mamas with more than one did at this stage because I can't picture doing what we do if we had two!

DS is 13 months -- from week one, we had same lovely bedtime ritual (bath, rub, book, boob) and it always worked with minor variations up til about a month ago. He is getting some molars and also is I guess on the verge of walking, a whole new cranky and clingy self has emerged, and every night instead of going to bed at 6:30ish, he is often not asleep til 9 or 10, and this after several hours of trying to get him to sleep and then letting him play and then trying again, etc. Lately he is obsessed with me walking him around -- he takes my hands and we walk ENDLESSLY back and forth in the house though I can tell he is exhausted. He screams and cries if I let go at all or if my husband tries to take a turn. My husband sometimes relieves me by taking him on a walk for a little while, but as soon as he comes back, it starts again.

I do finally manage to get him to sleep and it has never been after 10, so I know I am doing okay and that this is a phase and will pass. But there is no way you could do this if you had two kids, esp a 1 and 2 year old, for example, so I am wondering what mamas with two do at these kinds of stages.

P.S. I still nurse but he will rarely nurse to sleep anymore.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sounds like he wants to practice his new skill of walking! Too bad it's when he should be sleeping. I dont know what to tell you, except that it will pass, and when you have another child it will be something totally different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.