Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What foods do you crave right now? Anything you absolutely HAVE to have this week?

· Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been craving cottage cheese like it's going out of style! I actually just this weekend learned the German name for it, because I never wanted it before now. I now have a fridge-full of it!

I also really want pork steaks lately. I know, totally gross. I'm usually extremely grossed out by pork in general, but it's been so yummy to me lately. Germans grill them instead of hamburgers, and I've been hunting down every cookout I can find lately!

· Registered
166 Posts
I had the strangest sudden craving for Sushi a few days before I found out I was pregnant. I've only had sushi once in my life and I HATED it! And that was years ago, I couldn't even tell you what sushi tastes like.
:

· Registered
2,465 Posts
Until last week I was craving roast beef, which I never cook and hardly ever eat. And I HAD to buy this big chunk of roast lamb when I saw it in the grocery store, and that's something I would never eat. Now I'm liking eggs and beans. Orange juice was necessary for a few days. Mostly though I don't have much of an appetite until I'm actually eating, so I kind of have to force myself to eat.

· Registered
6,778 Posts
Liver with mushrooms & onions. A sandwich with liverwurst, butter, cucumber, and lettuce. Toast with that cheese spread that comes in a little red tub. Eggs benedict. Buttermilk brownies. Spinach dip. A big salad, like a greek salad or a garden salad with poppy seed dressing. Meat and mushroom gravy on mashed potatoes, like my mom used to make. Orange juice (that seems to be a popular one). A bunch of my MIL's sweet potatoes (she made them at Easter, but I was busy with a messy toddler and a sick kid and I didn't have time to eat as much as I wanted). Fake crab meat with seafood sauce. Poutine (but I always crave that, I don't think it's pregnancy related
). And still all dressed ruffles chips.

· Registered
2,465 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisen View Post
A sandwich with liverwurst, butter, cucumber, and lettuce.
Oh my goodness, so good! DP got some liverwurst the other day and I probably ate more of it than him
just like you described, too! Except we do ours open-faced. Mmm maybe I'll go have some more now...

· Registered
32 Posts
Vegetable soup with LOTS of barley. Creamed corn on toast. I like both of these things ordinarily but don't eat them often, now I want them all the time. I was in the grocery store last night and grabbed a honey choc malt milk (insta-craving) and downed it on the 5 min drive home. Normally that much milk makes me sick in the tummy but strangely had no effect on me whatsoever.

· Registered
6,778 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ursusarctos View Post
Oh my goodness, so good! DP got some liverwurst the other day and I probably ate more of it than him
just like you described, too! Except we do ours open-faced. Mmm maybe I'll go have some more now...
That's too funny. I sometimes have them open-faced, too. I don't have any liverwurst or cucumbers or lettuce on hand at the moment, sadly.

· Registered
542 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisen View Post
Liver with mushrooms & onions. A sandwich with liverwurst, butter, cucumber, and lettuce. Toast with that cheese spread that comes in a little red tub. Eggs benedict. Buttermilk brownies. Spinach dip. A big salad, like a greek salad or a garden salad with poppy seed dressing. Meat and mushroom gravy on mashed potatoes, like my mom used to make. Orange juice (that seems to be a popular one). A bunch of my MIL's sweet potatoes (she made them at Easter, but I was busy with a messy toddler and a sick kid and I didn't have time to eat as much as I wanted). Fake crab meat with seafood sauce. Poutine (but I always crave that, I don't think it's pregnancy related
). And still all dressed ruffles chips.
Sounds to me like you need iron and calcium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelmendi View Post
Avacados, pecans and hard boiled eggs. Also guinness. Dammit.
And you....you need protein lol. Gotta love that meal in a glass eh?

As for me, I can't get enough martini olives. You know the ones with the pimento inside? I ate a whole jar the other day and felt like I was just getting started. All my usual favorite foods make me want to puke just thinking about them. I have a major sweet tooth and right now anything sweet makes me feel like I want to die. I don't even know what I am craving half the time and I'm sure it's driving my DP crazy cause he's trying so hard to make me feel better.

· Registered
187 Posts
No cravings here yet either. With my son I sort of learned to ignore my cravings anyhow, since there is really a limit to what's readily available where I live. Having an unsatisfiable craving is really frustrating!!

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Food. I was joking with my husband that I must have "parasitic twins" because I am hungry all. the. time. Current favorites: dried mango, fresh-squeezed orange juice, muenster cheese, homemade baba ganoush, bacon (and I used to be such a good vegetarian).

· Registered
557 Posts
Oh, Right now, I'd kill for some cheese enchiladas covered in enchilada sauce! Yummy!!!!

Also, shrimp tempura maki sushi, queso cheese dip (with anything that is dippable to dip in it!), avocados, fried zucchini slices, spaghetti with lots of tomato sauce.

Oh, and happybunny's story of sauteed sausage and honey mustard made me sooo hungry! I know what I've having for dinner!

· Registered
267 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Einen View Post
Nothing specific, just fast food... so far I haven't indulged.
I have to admit, I had to have some Five Guys burgers the other day...

I don't eat fast food at all usually, but I figured at least Five Guys has beef without fillers and fries cooked in peanut oil

It's hard being good right now, since I don't feel like cooking AT ALL
:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.