Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I have been dying for bacon. I've been eating about a pound a day. Sometiems, it's the only thing I can eat. What are you craving?

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I craved bacon like crazy in the 4th pregnancy
I didn't eat as much as you are because it's not good for you but I would make a BLT and would crumble bacon in my salad and in my eggs and I don't usually like bacon

The only real craving I am having right now is melted cheese on tortillas or tortilla chips which isn't great for me either
so I try to limit giving in

Keri

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
not having too many cravings yet. although, the other day I wanted that green bean casserole with crispy onions on top like my mom used to make...
didn't know where to get it so I let it pass!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Well, not much these days, (the green avocado Thai curry phase came and went, LOL!) but... fruit, lemonade, gummi bears, Whole Kids apple juice (yes, only that brand, sigh...)

·
Registered
364 Posts
My cravings change daily so I have a lot of food just sitting in the fridge going to waste. What sounded good yesterday makes me want to puke today!
I've craved cheese fries, cheesecake, cheese and crackers, cinnamon toast crunch cereal, ceasar salad, and breadsticks from Pizza Hut!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
oh yes, yes bacon! DB makes the most succulent blts on sourdough bread!
Also craving all sorts of things: garlic,cilantro,salty things,fresh cucumbers,fruits,vegetables,black beans,food from La Salsa,sushi,berries,potatoes(mashed,fried and fries too),bread...i could go on really.

·
Premium Member
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerikadi
I didn't eat as much as you are because it's not good for you.
Keri

Damn pregnancy hormones. This made me feel so bad. Now I don't even want to eat the bacon and it's been the only thing I can stomach lately.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Trisha

Honey, I'd eat bacon if I could handle standing there while it cooked. Instead, I've been eating ham, egg, and cheese on onion bagels. The only thing keeping me from running out to McDonald's to get an egg mc muffin or something is that I'd have to actually get dressed, and I've been way too lazy (or tired, as I excuse it) to get dressed.
You won't see me in the fitness or diet threads here cuz I'm a firm believer in following my cravings while pregnant. If only because fighting them takes way too much energy, and really isn't nearly as fun.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Savmay
not having too many cravings yet. although, the other day I wanted that green bean casserole with crispy onions on top like my mom used to make...
didn't know where to get it so I let it pass!

Ooh, instead of crispy onions on top you should try tater tots!
It tastes SO good especailly when the cream of mushroom soup soaks in on the bottoms while the tops stay nice and crispy!

I'm not craving anything particular yet. Just any food in general! I could eat all day long!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
You guys are giving me ideas of things to eat...that sound good!

I too have lots of uneaten things in my fridge that sounded soooo good one day, I gorged, and then there are leftovers sitting there that I cannot bring myself to eat. Some homemade hummus with roasted tomatoes and garlic... that dip with a block of cream cheese, mini shrimp, and cocktail sauce, eaten with crackers...refried beans, which I ate as bean and cheese quesedillas for 3 days straight...KFC...pizza.

Today I will be hunting down onion bagels and cream cheese with smoked turkey or ham. Get protein in that way, thanks whoever posted something resembling that earlier!! Also will be making spaghetti and meatballs, as per the show I saw on it yesterday on Food Network.

I am also eating lots of nitra/ite free bacon, french fries, ground beef, eggs, peanut butter, crackers, and fresh or frozen fruit and fresh raw veggies.

I eat all the time, my list is long.

T

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
a reminder for everyone to be careful with deli meats..if you care about that sort of thing.

today i am craving eggplant, badly!

you take eggplant, cut in pieces, heat up olive oil and throw the eggplant there, after a minute or so lower the flame to very small (eggplant absorbs the oil way too much and if flame is too strong you will have to keep adding oil) anyway cook like that on small flame uncovered until eggplant is cooked through and soft. Mix occasionally. Then you can turn the flame up really high at the end, so the eggplant may get a bit golden brown and then you throw in some finely minced garlic (if you like) and cilantro (if you like) and salt.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
What is the deal with deli meats, btw? I don't remember that from my last pregnancy.

I just crave protein. Eggs, meat. I've been having a salad every day - with meat of course! Lots of fresh stuff sounds good to me too - cucumbers, tomatoes, etc.

Mmmm...now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkprincess
What is the deal with deli meats, btw?
I think Listeria is the potential problem. I avoided it with my last pregnancy and I will do the same with this pregnancy. It's not worth the chance, no matter how small!
However, I've read that you can heat your your meat before you eat it to kill the bacteria.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hapahaolegirl
I think Listeria is the potential problem. I avoided it with my last pregnancy and I will do the same with this pregnancy. It's not worth the chance, no matter how small!

i just couldnt agree more.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Is it to early to have cravings? Last night I woke up at 2:30 from a disturbing dream. After I calmed down I started to crave chips and Salsa. I hate Salsa. It is to spicy for me no matter how mild. But I have been having a lot of nausea.
So I haven't been eating much. The Red Lobster commercials make me feel sick. When I was pregnant with my daughter I craved Lemons and Lemonade. Which I also don't like cause I don't like sour food. Isn't being pregnant fun? LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts