Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah-ha! THIS forum is where I need to be. So far I have only experimented with making my own raw milk dairy products, and we have done some bread. I would love to lean more about all of this, and I am especially interested in lacto-fermentation right now (finally a use for all this whey... I am thrilled).
So my issue currently is, I have a bunch of cream that is refusing to turn into butter. I have tried twice before with no problems, but this batch just isn't working. Has anyone had cream that just doesn't turn? Or do I need to try a different method? I tried shaking it in a jar twice, and then a hand mixer. If I can't make butter with it, any other ideas of what to do with it? Thanks!
Amber

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Is it very fresh? Fresh cream takes much, much longer than slightly soured cream. You could also try doing it in a mixer, or with an electric egg beater, instead of shaking and shaking and shaking....

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
I have a butter churn and it at times has taken up to 45 mintues.

IMO depends of the temp of the cream as warm is better/faster and then the age of the cream. As the PP stated fresh cream takes along time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.