Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would ask if you knew where I could start a website for our tree service. We have been in business for many years but everyone has been asking why we don't have a website up. I would need to use something that is very easy, lol! as I am not to savvy on the computer. I just want to make a unique site to explain our business, what we do, and also put personal pictures up. I don't need paypal, or anything.<br><br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated ladies!<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Renee

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
In my opinion, free website hosting places are very unprofessional. I know you probably are not looking for something fancy, but when yo uhave a free hosting service, you don't have aunique web address (so it'll be harder for people to find you) and generally you will have to have ads on your website that you have no control over.<br><br>
I design my websites for free (through FrontPage, or any webpage maker, you CAN find free templates online to download and customize) but really consider paying for the hosting so yo ucan have your own unique URL and have control over everything on your website.<br><br>
I use omnis.com Through them I pay I think $8/yr for website registration then around $7 a month (and I pay every 3 months) for hosting. I've had a website with them for about 5 years and have never had an issue with downtime, or honestly any problems at all. If you're interested in using them let me know, they'll ask for a referral ID which I don't know off the top of my head. But, something to think about. :)

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
I've got a Tiny account at A Small Orange (<a href="http://www.asmallorange.com" target="_blank">www.asmallorange.com</a>) that's only $25 for a year. It's plenty of space, even for a small ecommerce biz, and they have many ready-made programs that you can install to create a site.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I agee that using a free host is unprofessional, especially if you are already running a business. If you're selling a few crafts you make to friends and family to fund your knitting habit, a free host is fine.<br><br>
But if you're wanting to project a professional image of your company, I strongly recommend you invest a few dollars per month into a paid host. You can get a small hosting account for as little as $2.50 per month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts