Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My 9yo has asked for awhile to have his own website, and we are finally getting around to making it happen, but I need some help!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My first question is about hosting.  I would love to use a free service like the one Google Sites has, including the templates, but my son really wants his web address to be something specific that he has in mind (it's available), and with the Google one, or others like it, the web address would be kind of awkward.  It ends up being something like <a href="http://www.sites.google/users.yourwebsite" target="_blank">www.sites.google/users.yourwebsite</a> name or something like that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, my question is this:  Is there any service that will allow you to use your own domain name, but has free hosting and ideally also user friendly templates?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If not, what is the next best way to go about getting this set up?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many thanks!</p>

·
Registered
868 Posts
<p>i use weebly.com for my site hosting(free). I bought my domain name from godaddy.com Before I bought my domain name, my website was name.weebly.com </p>
<p> </p>
<p>weebly's design tools are really kid friendly, imo.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>good luck, I hope he has fun with it! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>oh, another option would be making a blog for him? would he be interested in that?</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts