Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi All,</p>
<p>So, I have 5 months until my MA is complete. I'm currently a freelance software trainer and do mostly community computer classes. Potentially looking at instructional design and corporate training, which may require me to move. I'm somewhat resigned to this idea - I know it's where I'm headed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It seems everything today is on the web. I have various websites I've designed and would include in my portfolio and I've considered just adding a website that IS my resume/portfolio.</p>
<p>But there are A TON of websites out there for housing your interactive resume/portfolio.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just curious if you have used (or hired from) any of these services and if you have any recommendations.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>TIA!</p>

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
<p>I will have to leave the specific portfolio question to other mamas.... BUT  ....  You should definitely start connecting with people professionally now, via LinkedIn.  You can set up a basic profile, and beef it up later.  But just think of all those contacts you have right now from school - professors and other students, etc.  LinkedIn will keep you connected to them, and will be a great way to get jobs in the future.  Remember it is all about WHO you know in this economy!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck mama!</p>

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
<p>I use wordpress and am very happy with it.  There's lots of documents demonstrating my work on there, photos, letters of support, etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a feeling that this is probably too basic for what you're doing, but I thought I'd just throw it out there.</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts