Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll be going to see my family (mom, grandma, aunts, sisters, etc.) and I haven't told anyone I'm pg yet, so we were thinking this would be a good opportunity. Easter is a good holiday for it, lots of baby sort of stuff...and everything is pastel...anyway, any creative ideas?? All I can think of so far is to get an easter card and put a picture of my son wearing a "Big brother - 2009" shirt (probably photoshopped) and leave it on her bed to open after we leave (I am not sure how I feel about telling them in person while we're there...).

Any other ideas??? Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I love how I told DH..... put a honey bun in the oven and let him find it. This would also be a good thing to do since there will be a lot of cooking involved for Easter! Just don't let anyone preheat the oven before they find it!

·
Registered
117 Posts
DH and I are telling our family on Easter. My parents and my sister's family will be coming to our house for breakfast. My sister has 4 kids, ages 3, 5, 7 & 9. What we are going to do is have an egg hunt for the kids using plastic eggs. I made up a little poem "from the Easter Bunny" that tells them he left something for them at our house and that they have to find the eggs to solve the mystery. In the eggs I am putting clues and also letters that spell out the word "cousin." Once they have collected the eggs, they will need to read the clues and see if they can guess what the Easter Bunny "left" them. They can also try and put the letters together to spell the word COUSIN. I am hoping they'll be able to figure it out, but if they can't, I'm sure my sister will get it. The clues are things like "You have a lot of these" "You can play with this, but it's not a toy" etc. Of course we will also have some small gifts for the kids so they aren't too disappointed, LOL. I have been having fun planning this. It is our first baby and my family is going to be totally surprised!

·
Registered
838 Posts
For our parents (telling them Saturday night) we're having DD wear a shirt that says "I"m the BIG sister". We're not pointing it out or drawing attention to it; just letting her walk around and see if they figure it out.

As for the rest of our family, I'm sure my mother will blab the moment she walks out the door. She's subtle like that.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We're doing the same thing as Mommy2Haley. We're flying to Florida to see our family so we're putting dd in a shirt that says that and just waiting for someone to notice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.