Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to apply for a medical line of credit through capital one but I was declined, which surprised me a lot. I would like to look at my score and see why I was declined. I can't do it for free since I already did at the start of the year. What company do you ladies go through?

·
Registered
765 Posts
i agree that capital one is a pretty awful company in general BUT i wanted to point out that there are many more factors than your credit score that lenders use in determining your eligibility. they often look for similar loans in the past [for example, if you're applying for credit cards, they focus their attention on your rotating accounts. if you're going for a car loan, they look at vehicles you've financed in the past.] so it IS possible to have a very good credit score and not be approved. i have a decent credit score but absolutely NO current accounts so i have a rough time getting approved for lines of credit.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
If you've been denied a loan, you can get a copy of your credit report for free. Capital One should be sending you an info blurb on how to do that in the next couple of weeks. That report is unrelated to the one free report you can get a year.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Did you get your credit report from ALL THREE credit reporting agencies? Because you can get one FROM EACH AGENCY once a year free of charge. If you got it from just one agency, request it from one of the other two. Here they are. Good luck!

Equifax (1-800-685-1111)
Trans Union (1-800-916-8800)
Experian (1-888-397-3742)

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Any time you're turned down for credit, you're entitled to a free report, but that doesnt necessarily give you your score.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts