Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ds recieved a used creepy crawler oven and molds with some plastic goop. He is having a blast but I can't find any refill plastic goop. Does anyone have a homemade recipe or alternative substance that we could use in the molds? The molds are metal and quite intricate-I thought of chocolate but I have no idea how you would get them out of the mold. Any ideas?

·
Registered
317 Posts
if you freeze the molds after you put the chocolate in, and make sure theyre good and frozen, they should fall out when you tip it upside down. we use all types of molds for chocolate around here! now you wouldnt be able to get like a mint out of the metal, but choc. shouldnt be a problem! hth!

btw---if for some reason your chocolate would get stuck (which, it shouldnt) but, if it did, you could always stick the mold in the oven for a few minutes to remelt the choc. and then wash it out!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
We have one of those too, and my son loves it. I really hate the smell of it while baking though. I found refills at target, not lately though and I've seen them online. I know they say to use both tubes of stuff but ours works with only the one kind, I guess they just aren't as durable, but I end up throwing the darn things away as I find a zillion of them all over the house.
Good luck, Chocolate bugs would be a big hit in our house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts